With National Scrapbook Day around the corner, everyone at The Odd Show Live is very excited and fine tuning the details of our special day. We thought it would be fun to ask ourselves and our guests 7 silly questions to break the ice and introduce you to them! Our next guest demonstrator is
1. Do you ink it or lick it first--and if you know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop, you may answer that too. :) Is that the same as lick it and stick it??? I'm not really sure how to answer this one LMAO! I don't really know what it's referring too :D
2. pretty papers or adorable stamps? Both, but STAMPS for sure!!!!!!! I don't use papers much, but I ALWAYS add stamping.
3. Biggest craft disaster? The list its waaaay too long to share! People who know me know I LEARN by MISTAKE. I have ruined quite a few projects, and some of them have been public. One example... I made a 3D aquarium cake for my sons birthday. It fell apart and I didn't know until I pulled it out of the fridge to add the candles. I have pictures LOL!
4. Are you a late night crafter, during the day crafter or a combo of both? I art all through the day when I can, but most of my work gets done after my son is in bed. I am often up until after midnight playing with one project or another.
5. What motivates you? Motivaes? Deadlines! I can lose myself in a piece for hours. Arting is the closest to zen I EVER get. It's normal for me to work on a single face for three or four hours. Knowing i have a deadline to meet for a design team or an upcoming show motivates me like crazy. Inspiration, however come from everywhere. Sights, smells and most frequently sounds. Music inspires me more than anything else.
6. favorite crafty tool? Do I have to name just ONE? I know everyone says that, but I really don't have one 'favorite.' I have a list of favorites :D I love acrylic paint and use it in 99% of my work. I also use Prismacolor colored pencils and Neocolor II watercolor crayons very frequently. I will usually add stamping and collage and I like to experiment with different mediums. Another favorite is Creative Paperclay. I use it to make everything from embellishments to sculptures.
7. when did you start crafting??I have done arts and crafts my entire life. I have always made themed food for parties, crafted my own favors and gifts and done tons of crafts with my son. I still do all of those things, but Ididn't start arting until about 3 1/2 years ago. I made an art project in seventh grade that I loved but I was told it was not correct and got a failing grade on it. That one moment caused me to stray from 'art' because oi felt like I wasn't good at it. A few years ago someone told me about art journaling and from the moment I learned what it was, I was HOOKED! I feel like THIS is what I have been searching for!